A picture speaks a 1,000 words, right? So, how many words does an image gallery speak? An attractive image gallery on your website is a strong and important asset to building your online engagement. Galleries transform your website into a powerful platform that will attract visitors, retain them and turn them into customers. If you’re looking for a practical, simple and compelling way to represent your work, photo galleries are an ideal choice.
About the Image Gallery
DigiPro Media’s Image Gallery is a platform feature to showcase an event, the inside of your store or display what your customers want to know without too much text. The purpose of your gallery should be to represent that you are a reliable business and show the quality of your work. Customers prefer to visually see your work to be convinced that your business can offer what they need and what they are looking for. This will allow you to gain your potential customer’s trust and reiterate the reputation of your business.
With DigiPro Media’s Image Gallery you can add over 50 images at a time, use image tags to improve your web accessibility and search engine optimization (SEO), and even optimize your images to speed up your site!
Image optimization means compressing the file size of your images without noticeably affecting their overall quality of the photo. This is a high recommendation of DigiPro Media. The more images your site contains, the slower it will typically load. Which can cause people to leave your site.
Of course, you’ll still want to use high-quality images, so DigiPro Media’s File Manager will help optimize the photos that you choose to upload.
Here’s a quick step-by-step:
Create a gallery
- Once logged in to your dashboard, go to the left-side navigation and click Content > Galleries. Click Gallery Library to preview the style options of the gallery. Once you’ve decided, check the box next to the title. Click Submit.
- Next, click Add New. Name the title of the gallery and select your gallery style from the mockup list. Click Create Gallery.
- The new gallery will appear in the list. Click the Options dropdown and select Add Images.
- Upload your image, add a headline and create your alt text. Click Add Slide. Continue to upload all your images for this gallery.
Add the gallery to a page
- In your dashboard, go to the left-side navigation and click Content > Pages. Go to the page that you wish to add the gallery
- Click Edit. Select the Visual Builder.
- On the left-side menu, select widgets. Click galleries. The list of galleries that you have created will appear on the right.
- Drag and drop the appropriate gallery to the page.
Just that easy! Yes, a few steps but in the end, you’ll have a well-designed gallery to showcase your storytelling images by using DigiPro Media’s Image Gallery tool.
Want to learn more about the features to help you grow your business? Take a look at the features list